Qualification OverviewThis qualification is intended for those that wish to gain an understanding of the principles and practices of external quality assurance without any requirement to practise.The purpose of the qualification in the QCF is to 'develop knowledge and/or skills in a subject area' (B2).
Course StructureThis qualification contains only one Unit.
- Understanding the External Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and PracticeAt the end of the unit, you will be able to-
- Understand the context and principles of external quality assurance
- Understand how to plan the external quality assurance of assessment
- Understand how to externally evaluate the quality of assessment and internal quality assurance
- Understand how to externally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Understand how to manage information relevant to external quality assurance
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements relating to external quality assurance
Entry RequirementsThis qualification is appropriate for learners that are 19+. It is recommended that learners have experience of assessment/internal verification.
Learners are required to develop a portfolio of evidence.