Qualification OverviewThe Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocational Achievement is the ideal assessing qualification for those assessing a candidates’ vocational skills and knowledge away from the work environment, for example in a workshop or other training environment.
Course StructureThis Award has following 2 units:-Unit 1 Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (3 credits)In this unit, you will be able to:-
- Understand the principles and requirements of assessment
- Understand different types of assessment method
- Understand how to plan assessment
- Understand how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Understand how to make assessment decisions
- Understand quality assurance of the assessment process
- Understand how to manage information relating to assessment
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessmentUnit 2: Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding (6 credits)In this unit, you will:-
- Be able to prepare assessments of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Be able to carry out assessments of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Be able to provide required information following the assessment of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Be able to maintain legal and good practice requirements when assessing vocational skills, knowledge and understanding.
- No previous experience required
- Learners must be aged 19+ to apply for this course
This qualification is assessed through professional discussion, workplace observation and a portfolio of evidence that demonstrates the leaner has met the required assess-ment criteria in full. Learners are required to complete Unit 1 and Unit 3 to achieve quali-fication. Learners’ evidence are marked by an assessor and moderated by the external quality assurance officer (EQA) before certificates are awarded to the candidate.
Career DevelopmentThis course is ideal for people who assess candidates’ vocational skills and knowledge in a workshop or training centres.