Qualification OverviewFormerly PTLLS, The QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) provides an introduction to teaching. It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
- individuals not currently teaching or training achievement of the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching unless units from the Learning and Development suite of qualifications are selected;
- individuals currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training) although the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching (unless units from the Learning and Development suite of qualifications are selected), opportunities may be made available to observe and provide feedback on a trainee teacher's practice;
- individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.The qualification is accredited at the Regulated Qualification Framework Level 3 through awarding organisation Qualifications Network.
Course StructureTo complete the QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) learners must achieve 12 credits:
- 3 credits from group A
- 6 credits from group B
- 3 credits from group CGroup A: Three (3) credits must be achieved from this group
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training (3 Credits)Group B: Six (6) credits must be achieved from this group
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training (3 Credits)
- Facilitate learning and development for individuals (3 Credits)
- Facilitate learning and development in groups (3 Credits)Group C: Three (3) credits must be achieved from this group
- Understanding assessment in education and training (3 Credits)
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment (3 Credits)
Entry RequirementsLearners must be 19+ and do not necessary need to be in a teaching role. However, learners do need to be competent in the area in which they wish to teach.In addition, all Learners must have GCSE/O Level English and Mathematics Grades A*- C (or recognised equivalent). If you do not have English and Maths qualifications, we will undertake an initial assessment to determine your suitability for the course
- Learners are required to develop a portfolio of evidence.
- Learners undertaking the unit: Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training (3 Credits) must be involved in 1 hour of microteaching. Learners must deliver at least one 15 minute microteaching session that is observed and assessed by a member of the delivery team. For the additional 45 minutes, learners can either deliver additional microteaching sessions or observe the microteaching sessions of other learners. Where learners observe additional sessions they should complete a peer observation form. This form is then passed to the individual that delivered the micro session in order for them to gain feedback for their own reflections.
- Observed practice in the real work environment is required.
Career DevelopmentThis qualification is suitable for candidates want to work as qualified teachers or trainers in the further education and skills sector. Learners may also progress onto higher level teaching qualification.