Qualification OverviewThis course is suitable if you are interested in becoming an assessor. It is a knowledge-only award and at the end of this Award, you will be able to-
- Understand the principles & requirements of assessment
- Understand different types of assessment methods
- Understand how to plan assessment
- Understand how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Understand how to make assessment decisions
- Understand own contribution to the quality assurance of assessment
- Understand how to manage information relating to assessment of occupational competence
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
Course StructureThis Award has following 1 unit:-
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (3 credits)The qualification has 3 Credits.
Entry RequirementsLearners must be 19+ and do not necessary need to be in a teaching role.
Learners are required to develop a portfolio of evidence. All learning outcomes must be assessed and there must be valid, sufficient, and authentic evidence of all the assess-ment criteria. Learners evidence are marked by an assessor and moderated by the external quality assurance officer (EQA) before certificates are awarded to the candidate.
Career DevelopmentThis course is suitable if you are interested in becoming an assessor.