Qualification OverviewThis course is suitable if you are interested in becoming an assessor. It is a knowledge-only award and at the end of this Award, you will be able to-
- Understand the principles & requirements of assessment
- Understand different types of assessment methods
- Understand how to plan assessment
- Understand how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Understand how to make assessment decisions
- Understand own contribution to the quality assurance of assessment
- Understand how to manage information relating to assessment of occupational competence
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
Course StructureThis Award has following 1 unit:-
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (3 credits)The qualification has 3 Credits.
Entry RequirementsLearners must be 19+ and do not necessary need to be in a teaching role.
Learners are required to develop a portfolio of evidence. All learning outcomes must be assessed and there must be valid, sufficient, and authentic evidence of all the assess-ment criteria. Learners evidence are marked by an assessor and moderated by the ex-ternal quality assurance officer (EQA) before certificates are awarded to the candidate.
Career DevelopmentThis course is suitable if you are interested in becoming an assessor.