Qualification OverviewThe Level 4 Award In the External Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice is for those that require an understanding of the external quality assurance process.The purpose of the qualification is to 'confirm competence in an occupational role to the standards required’ (D1).
Course StructureThis qualification includes following two units of worth 12 credits.Unit 1: Understanding the principles and practices of externally assuring the quality of assessmentAt the end of the unit, you will be able to-
- Understand the context and principles of external quality assurance
- Understand how to plan the external quality assurance of assessment
- Understand how to externally evaluate the quality of assessment and internal quality assurance
- Understand how to externally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Understand how to manage information relevant to external quality assurance
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements relating to external quality assuranceUnit 2: Externally assure the quality of assessmentAt the end of the unit, you will
- Be able to plan the external quality assurance of assessment
- Be able to externally evaluate internal quality assurance and assessment
- Be able to maintain and improve internal quality assurance processes
- Be able to manage information relevant to the external quality assurance of assessment
- Be able to maintain legal and good practice requirements when externally monitoring and maintaining the quality of assessment
Entry RequirementsThis qualification is appropriate for learners that are 19+. It is recommended that learners have experience of assessment/internal verification.
Learners are required to develop a portfolio of evidence. There must be valid, authentic and sufficient evidence for all the assessment criteria. However, one piece of evidence may be used to meet the requirements of more than one learning outcome or assessment criterion. For unit 2, evidence submitted can be supported by professional discussion, reflective accounts or witness testimony.